a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

A Trip to Nostalgia.

Apple Shirt: Thrifted.
Skirt: c/o OASAP.

Hi there

I went home this past weekend to take my little sister to the apple orchards in my town! I can't believe she had never been because going to the orchards have been one of my absolute favorite fall past times since I was a little girl. There's something just so nostalgic about it. I love how home-y picking apples on this family owned farm in the middle of Ohio feels. Small families with little ones towing tiny tots in red wooden wagons and a register that only takes cash. Acres of apple trees sprouting red, yellow, and green delicacies that are so satisfying to pluck off the highest branch. The mouth watering inducing smell of apple donuts upon entering the humble wooden barn selling an array of popcorns, ciders, and seasonal squashes...all of it makes brilliant, bright images before my eyes looking just as it did more than 15 years ago in faded and overexposed film photos sitting in a box at my parent's house. 

My sister had a blast, climbing the trees like a small money to satisfy her wish to find "the biggest and ripest and best apples." We giggled and gorged ourselves on one too many of those delicious apple donuts; enough to make us feel nauseous for the rest of the day (but worth it). 

I love these photos and I love the memory of this day and I love my little sister. All very much.

With much love, Lauren.
SHARE:

3 comments

Amanda said...

I love this so much!!!! I'm super excited because I'm going to a apple orchard/ pumpkin patch in a few weeks and I think I've figured out what to wear. I'm going to wear my cream oversized turtleneck sweater with jeans and my rain boots or brown leather boots (haven't decided yet) and add a scarf, a hat possibly depending on how cold it is, and my green army jacket!!! :)

Love,
Manda
misssimplicityy.wordpress.com

Sarah said...

I wish I could go to an apple orchard, or a pumpkin patch in a cozy cute outfit- or at least find a patch nearby. Where I live, it is way too hot for this type of fall celebration, haha. This was a lovely post! And the bob is really working on you! It reminds me of your vintage style roots, but also looks really modern! xx

Come visit me if you wanna:)
www.sarahthesecond.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love this vintage take on the grid trend that's been so on lately!! Gorgeous as always~

Blogger Template by pipdig